ODILS provides a unique environment when teachers and trainees alike work together to help learners from over 46 nations to live effectively in the community. We are also known for our warm and friendly atmosphere, where all students are treated as individuals and given the support they need to achieve their goals.
The multicultural setting at ODILS, as well as its unusual status of having both public and private sector validation (OFSTED and British Council), provide a perfect setting for you to start your journey into teaching or to further your professional development. The qualifications available at ODILS are the Trinity Certificate in TESOL and the Trinity Diploma in TESOL.
Trinity Certificate TESOL
About the course
The Trinity certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) is a preliminary qualification designed for candidates who have little or no experience of teaching English as a second or foreign language. It will provide you with the skills and knowledge to take up your first post as an EFL or ESOL teacher, in the UK or abroad.
Part Time Certificate TESOL Course OverviewTeaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Course Length: October – May 2018-19
- Course hours: 9:30am – 5:00pm every Monday, except Bank Holidays and school holidays
- Hours per week: 5.5 hours timetabled face-to-face sessions** plus at least 4 hours of home study for teaching and assignment preparation***
- Entry Qualifications: A-Levels or other equivalent qualifications giving access to higher education
- Minimum English Level: Fluency in English, Level 7 IELTS
- Minimum Age: 18
- Cost: £1500* (includes Trinity Moderation)
Need More Information About the Course?
* Payment plan can be arranged
** Timetable is subject to change depending on the needs of the group
*** Hours may vary depending on the student
LCTL Diploma TESOL
About the course
The LCTL diploma TESOL is a Masters degree level qualification, level 7 in Further Education. The course aims to broaden and deepen your knowledge of teaching, both theoretical and applied. At the end of the course, you will be able to support your learners more effectively as well as being better equipped to take on management, mentoring and teacher training roles.
This is an online course. Face-to-face input will take place during your observed and assessed teaching sessions and during tutorials.
We recognise that online work can be challenging and time consuming, and we do our best to minimise any disruption to your learning by responding to questions and problems as quickly as possible.
The online modules have been included in recognition of the changing face of education worldwide and the experience that you will gain with us in using an online learning environment, trying out different web applications, engaging in forum discussions and so on, will give you a significant advantage in the employment market.
LTCL Diploma TESOL Course Overview
- Minimum English Level: Native level fluency
- Entry Qualifications: CertTESOL/CELTA qualified teachers with 960 hours teaching within the last 5 years
- Cost: £2400 plus Trinity Moderation (fee £400)*
- Course Length: Start date can be anytime. The course should be completed within 3 years.
- Course Days: Online, with face-to-face days to be arranged
- Course hours: Total of 300 hours
* Moderation fee subject to change. Payment plan can be arranged